ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: Castle Rock (CA) ride 6/24th

Re: Castle Rock (CA) ride 6/24th

Lucia Humphrey (laneyh@ix.netcom.com)
Wed, 28 Jun 1995 12:03:54 -0700

You wrote:

>Hey Laney!
>
>Congrats on finishing!
>
>I sure hope that everyone who took the recommended "modified trail"
back
>to camp from the Swanton Check gets a completion, points and miles.
That
>was what seemed to be indicated at the Swanton check... Not that I was
>really paying attention to anyone by Shatirr.

>What does Tara look like? It drives me nuts that you and I probably
smile
>at each other, and don't know it! One of these days.
>
>Again, big congratulations on the finish! - Linda

Dear Linda -
Congratulations to you too!!! I'm glad Shatirr recovered. Is he still
doing OK? Another horse in the barn where Tara lives finished 19th but
still isn't back to being himself.
Tara is a flea bitten grey (white), thin, unusually deep hearth
girth and can't bend her tail up at the dock so she carries it
straight, "like a flag," according to a friend.
I almost stood up at the Friday evening meeting & asked all the
endurance mail list folks there to raise their hands but I got cold
feet at the last minute.
I'm sure we were at the Swanton vet check at the same time & it is
frustrating because I would really like to meet you in person!
The next ride I'm going to do is the Eastern High Sierra Classic.
What about you?
Happy trails!
Laney