ridecamp@endurance.net: Endurolytes vs Equilytes

Endurolytes vs Equilytes

Stacy A Berger (Stacy_A_Berger@ccm.sc.intel.com)
Tue, 27 Jun 95 09:03:00 PDT

Text item:

>If I am not wrong Equilytes are a permixed electrolyte supplement. In most
>of these there is very little electrolye present - especially considering
>the amount the horse loses. I have had great success with endurolytes.
>Misty seems to recover much better since I started using endurolytes. I
>used a home made mixture before. I give about an ounce (35 mm film can
>full) at every vet check. Under hot/humid conditions I will go up to
>double that amount. This is assuming she is drinking well.

Truman-

Actually Endurolytes and Equilytes are the same, both mixed by Vetline. (At
least Vetline markets products with the same name) The Endurolytes are the
powder mixture, the Equilytes are in a molasses/amino acid mixture base packaged
in an oral syringe.

Stacy

Text item: External Message Header