Subject: Great Crewing!
Author: lindac@wv.MENTORG.COM (Linda Cowles @ PCB x5624) at CCMAIL
Date: 5/31/95 7:42 AM

I'm looking at this weekend's Diablo ride and riding crew-less once again.
I miss my old crew, whos hobby it was to just follow my old endurance buddy
and I arround, particularly going into these hot rides.

Have you ever been spoiled by a great crew? What are some of the great
things that your crew (or someone elses) has done for you on a ride?

My all time great treats from a crew were:

- having a face wash with a cool clean washcloth on a hot ride (ahhhh!)
- being served cold cantalope and watermelon
- having shoes and socks stripped off for a foot bath and fresh socks!
- having a cool damp towel wrapped around my neck

I treated my Tevis rider to this stuff two years ago, and we had to kick her
out of Michigan Bluff!

I also got pushed backwards into a water trough by a competitors horse
at Michigan Bluff (Western States 50) one year, and it was a wonderful
experience! It was an accident, but the horses rider asked me to please
get even!

Anyone else doing Diablo?

Linda Cowles