ridecamp@endurance.net: RE Input new horse

RE Input new horse

JOSEPH PETER UHLARIK JR (jpu@kaiwan.com)
Fri, 9 Jun 1995 18:44:15 -0700

Teri wrote:
>And remember. Don't dwell on
>everything she has done wrong, look on the positive points and
>work from
>there. Boy that sounds really corney.

It may sound corney but my experience sure says it works. Too me this
is a different way of saying what Brannaman is doing with his fix and
release. If the horse is not doing what you want, get him to do what
you want and then release the cue. It is not a big deal. Do not get
upset with the horse. Do the fix and release as many times as it takes.
I cannot explain it but I tend to see small quantum jumps from one day
to the next or, if it is something i work on today and then come back to
it in a week or two, there is still a marked improvement. It is almost
like the horse has been spending its free time thinking about. Now that
is spooky. :-)

Enough for now.

Joe jpu@kaiwan.com