ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: Mt. Diablo Ride update . . .

Re: Mt. Diablo Ride update . . .

Stacy A Berger (Stacy_A_Berger@ccm.sc.intel.com)
Mon, 05 Jun 95 16:38:00 PDT

Text item:

Thought I would send an update on the Diablo Vista ride. It was a beautiful
sunny day - mid 70's with a nice breeze. I had a great ride the first half.
The trails were on beautiful rolling green hills, with some steep climbs. The
ride management provided some humor on the trail as a cow died right off the
trail the night prior. A trail marker flag was tied to one of the legs
sticking straight up and a paper plate with the exclamation "PULLED!" written
on it. Quite a sight!!

Linda Cowles had a great ride on Shattir, but Helen Harvey on Bella and I on
Porter didn't fair as well. Bella had a minor tie up at the first check.
Porter came into the lunch stop great. Checked thru with the vet's with ALL
A's, and a sound cardiac recovery indicator - then coliced about 15 minutes
later. After a banamine shot - he was fine. It appeared to be a spasmodic or
gas colic. Porter has a tendency to get very worried about EVERYTHING and I
think he stressed himself out (?) Cory Soltau, DVM was very surprised at the
colic, as Porter had looked so good just a few minutes earlier. Nancy Elliott
(one of the other ride vets) suggested I try giving Porter vitamin B1 or
Tryptophan to help calm his nerves next time. Has anyone had success with
either of these?

I am not sure of who won - but Becky Hart and Rio looked great as usual.
Without knowing the final placings, I would bet that they won.

We plan to go to the Castle Rock 50 in a few weeks, and am looking forward to
a great ride. Anyone else headed to Castle Rock??

Stacy Berger

Text item: External Message Header