ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: Vetting in after ride

Re: Vetting in after ride

Stephanie Teeter (step@sunfish.fsr.com)
Wed, 31 May 1995 08:44:43 +0800

> I have a sort of silly question for all you endurance folks.
> After the ride and your time is taken, you have an hour before
> you have to present your horse for the final vet check. What
> happens if you show up within the hour but have to wait in line
> 20 minutes?

Karen - AERC allows you to present your horse for completion any time
*within* one hour. To avoid problems with lines and the potential for
the horse stiffening up after the ride I always get my completion
as soon as possible. Once the pulse is down I go to the vet. I
have seen horses stiffen up during the one hour post ride period,
and consequently not receive completion. When showing for BC you
have to follow management's rules (usually 15 min and 1 hour after
finishing) but otherwise there is no reason that I know of to
wait - unless your horse is having a problem (high pulse, cramping)
that you think you can work out during the hour period.

Steph