>> Subject: Re: Vetting in after ride
>> After the ride and your time is taken, you have an hour before you
>> have to present your horse for the final vet check. What happens if
>> you show up within the hour but have to wait in line 20 minutes?
>>
>> Karen
>
> As long as you arrive at the appointed location (with your horse)
> within the hour, you have complied with the rule. If the vets are
> backed up and you have to wait, you cannot be penalized for that.
>
> Unfortunately, you could concievably arrive with a fit horse and,
> after standing around for 20 minutes waiting in line, have a
>-- End of excerpt from Joe Long

Hi Folks,

This happend to me at the Fireworks 50 lunch stop, which is on the coast.
I walked up with a sound horse and no blanket, thinking it would be a
quick check, and ended up waiting 20 minutes because the vet was working
on a colicing horse. By the time he got to Shatirr, he was fairly stiff
from standing in the cool breeze. So was his rider. The two of us trotting
out must have been quite a sight!

I make an effort to not get into situations where the horse has to stand,
or carry a blanket to the check. Massage is good too.

Linda