ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: Tell me about Endurance, please

Re: Tell me about Endurance, please

Stephanie Teeter (step@sunfish.fsr.com)
Tue, 23 May 1995 09:34:23 +0800

to add to this message, please send it on to Liz and cc to me
(step@fsr.com)
********************************

Hi Liz -

I'm the endurance fanatic who happens to be married to an internet
whiz - thus the online endurance forum! My husbands company,
First Step Research (http://www.fsr.com) does consulting and
internet services, I'm basically in charge of the Web pages -
production and construction.

In January I started an endurance mailing list. I had been reading
the rec.equestrian news group and noticed a smattering of endurance
people and thought we needed our own group. We started with about
25 subscribers and its been growing since - up to around 160 now
and I still get several new subscribers each week. The traffic is
pretty heavy - between 10 and 30 messages per day - the messages
range from personal/chatty to quite technical. There are several
veterinarians on the list, riders, ride managers, plus
representatives from France, Holland, Great Britain, Germany,
and Canada. Several organizations are represented inluding
AERC (American Endurance Ride Conference - the US sanctioning
and organizing body), USET (US Equestrain Team), plus some
European organizations.

The forum has been a great success! We have been able to help
people buy/sell endurance horses and equipment and post ride
updates, descriptions and results. We have all learned a lot
about conditioning, heart monitors, saddles, etc.

I have also built an endurance homepage:
http://www.fsr.com/~step/accounts/endurance/endurance.html
There is quite a bit of traffic on this as well - over 3300
accesses since I announced it in February. Several people have
contributed to its contents and I receive quite a few messages
from people who 'discovered' it while cruising the net.

Hope this helps - please let me know what you put together - I
find the web/internet very exciting and would love to know what
else is out there. I had not heard of the Internet VetMed. There
are several links on my endurance page to other horse sites. You
might want to check these out.

Good luck,

Stephanie Teeter - step@fsr.com
Rt. 1 Box 27A, Princeton, ID 83857