Re: softride vs sports-saddle

I don't know anything about the Softride, but I have a Sportssaddle and I
love it.

The main difference for me is the nonexistent twist on the Sportsaddle.
It's a plus and a minus.  The plus is: you will feel every move your horse
makes (and for my goofy Arab, if I can catch his hint that he's about to do
something stupid, I can usually head him off).  The minus is, even your
narrowest horse will now feel like a barrel if you're used to riding in a
treed saddle.  If you're narrow in the pelvis and used to a narrow twist
saddle, the Sportssaddle will eat your lunch.

My riding instructor can't ride my Sportssaddle for more than a few minutes
because of her small pelvis.

Gotta say again, I love mine.  And the resale on them is great if you decide
you can't get along.

I've had zero problem with pinching on the withers from the 'tree'.  And my
horse's back problems have indeed disappeared.

But the Skito pad under it is an absolute must.