Re: [RC] AERC National Championship ride qualfications

Passing retroactive rules is never a good idea unless in the case of an
emergency where there is some overriding reason to do this. I don't see
any
overriding issue in the case of the NC criteria to change the criteria
retroactively (after the August 2000 starting date for the criteria)
nor do I see anyway one could could consider it an emergency.

In general I feel the BOD should be looking at the next season for most
issues.
In fact I do support Steph Teeter's motion addressing such. The
qualification is
not the issue IMO but the fact they were made retroactive.

There is also the separate issue of the criteria being so restrictive
that in
fact no one will run the ride for fear of losing money. If I recall
correctly
the first two NC's did lose money. I am not sure about the last one, but
whatever it was it was at best break even. If the membership wants the
criteria
so strict that any ride manager is at the risk of losing money, then the
membership should also be willing to allocate funding so this doesn't
happen.
You can not have it both ways.

Truman Prevatt
AERC #8217