Re[2]: [RC] AERC National Championship ride qualfications

I really do not accept this position. If we set standards for the
ticket sales - that is gain more riders to add to the dollars taken in
then it IS 'just another ride' AS many have suggested.

If we use this logic today, then the NEW ride manager for the 2003
will request he same lowering of the standards for the same reason. " I
need lower standards so more riders will come"
Not valid
What we DO need is for AERC to step up and support his AERC EVENT. It
is NO different then the AERC annual convention (note it is NOT a
MEETING)  It is a party, provide at the expense of all for a few.
Yes, AERC does make money on it - it IS a large income line item.
The AERC NC could also and should be the same.

The ride manger and the support group of the ride have to find
sponsors and acquire funds to support the ride. While this sounds simple
it is more difficult then you think.
IF AERC supported this event ( we MAY have to make bylaw changes to
permit it legally but I dont think so)
THEN the funds needed would be acquired by AERC and a   sizeable
amount of funds could be provided (under-written)to the RM and the ride OC.

Until the RM/OC is NOT left holding he bag on this AERC unfunded event, the
RM/OC will NEVER want to see the entry level qualification be higher
then 'let them all enter'.

Roger R