club foot

First of all, I went through the archives and didn't really find what I wanted. With that statement, here's what I need help with:

We have a wonderful Morab mare with a club foot. We've had her a little less than a year and have used her mainly for pleasure riding and novice CTR. The foot is quite upright and has a very slight dish that disappears if we keep her shod. She appears lame at first, but on closer inspection, doesn't bob her head. She looks like she's trying to walk with one high-heeled shoe. This lameness(?) disappears when she gets into that big Morgan road trot.

We had a ride farrier (I won't say who) that decided he could 'correct' her even after I asked him not to. She was grade III lame at the next ride. A very knowledgeable farrier then shod her. She was grade II lame at the next ride, but it was in heavy sand and everyone else was lame, too. These were both CTR's.

Since then, we haven't had much luck getting a farrier to show up, so we've been using an easyboot. Her gait is more normal with the easyboot even in soft grass, so I don't think the road makes her sore. Is the boot creating an artificial toe and changing her breakover? She never seems to be uncomfortable and is always willing to go.

Now then, my farrier is coming in a few days. I know the more you instruct a farrier, the more likely he'll do as he pleases, but I have to fret over something and I've decided it should be this horse. Any suggestions?

She's 7 years old, 15' 1", and is ridden by a heavyweight rider in CTR and LD.

She's so good with beginners that I hate to think she can't do this sport, as her human is my very inexperienced boyfriend. This mare is a saint.....

Maggie Pritchard--fretting
HH Jaszmine--quit staring at my feet Mom!
Under a Shooting Star Farm