Re: West Nile Virus Vaccine, should we be using it

Dorann LaPerch bonnfyrefarms@yahoo.com
I am located in Southern California. Three weeks ago I called my own vet
clinic-Conejo Valley Vet (a rather large practice), and I called my
surgical vet clinic, the really well known Alamo Pintado Equine Clinic
(Dr. Doug Herthel, Mark Rick and others) and inquired about the need for
this vaccine.

Conejo Valley Vet informed me it is not something they are reccomending to
their clients unless they are traveling east.  Alamo Pintado said roughly
the same thing.  What Alamo Pintado also said though was that most likely
they will be advising its use in our area next year.(2003)