RE: Maktoum Death

> Kathy Myers magnumsmom@aol.com
> >From The Blood Horse 2/21:
>
> http://news.bloodhorse.com/viewstory.asp?id=8197
>
> "According to Web reports from the Gulf, Sheikh Rashid bin Maktoum bin
> Rashid Al Maktoum, son of H.H. Sheikh Maktoum bin Rashid Al Maktoum, died
> Thursday in an automobile accident. The accident occurred while Sheikh
> Rashid bin Maktoum bin Rashid Al Maktoum was en route to participate in
> the Emirates Giants Endurance Ride. He and other members of the royal
> family were scheduled to take part in the 122-kilometer endurance test
> that was to be run in five stages."
>
> Condolances to the family,
>
> Kathy Myers
> Santa Fe, NM

Group,

I have searched a bit and - tragically as it is a death - this was not the
well known Sheikh Rashid bin Mohammed al Maktoum, but one of his cousins.
Rashid, one of the world's best and most succesful riders is the son of
H.H.General Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al Maktoum, Crown Price of Dubai and
Minister of Defense of the UAE. He is also the reigning European Open
Champion.
The names are confusing a bit, so I just like to clear that up.

Wolfgang
Endurance Trainer&Consulter
Germany