Down horse con't

OK ---- we are heading into the last stretch. I talked to many different
manufacturer's of horse slings and found out that for Hal's son, the
best by far (in fact, the only one that will really work for his needs)
is the Anderson Sling which picks the horse up by the skeletal system
and encourages him to stand (rather than the abdominal lifts which
encourage horses to hang loose).
Only problem, the lifts cost around $3400! The good news!!!! Alamo
Pintado has one and is loaning it to us!!! The only thing we will have
to buy is the corner ties  plus instructional tape which we will donate
to the clinic after their use. What a win win situation!!!
I have an animal communicator who is going to be on the cell phone when
we do it Sat around noon, plus a vet in case we need a light tranq to
ease his anxiety (BTW, this is the vet who always cheered the horse on
and didn't want to put him down!) plus a a couple big supporters to help
with the logistics.
We've had a cast of thousands to date (it seems)-- from the masseuses at
Avila Hot Springs who voluntarily massaged him at the beginning, to
accupressurists, to chiropractors, to energy workers, and yes, all of
Bobby Lieberman's very important instructions on Ttouch... and my
neighbors who have helped us with water and poop duty from time to time.
Sooo now all we need is some prayers. He has certainly kept up his
spirits. The lift may be very scary to him. Send very good wishes to him
on Sat.
Thanks for all your support and I hope to report a VERY happy ending. No
matter how this story ends, however, we have gained immensely from
working with Bunny (nick-named so after he bit out a piece of his lip on
one fall which gives him a bunny like appearance in front--- corny but
he seems to like the pet name of Bunny Face). His courage is an
inspiration to us and all who have worked and are still working with
him. I have no regrets no matter how things go from now on.
Hug your horse
Bette
--
Bette Lamore