Sky Hook vs. Spring Tie

Kathy Mayeda kathy.mayeda@att.net
I looked at both websites and saw the Spring Tie at the convention last
year.  I went for the Sky Hook.  The Spring Tie made me a little nervous,
don't really know why - I think the "boingy" thing really bothered me.
Also, in the original models you had to lift the arm up into the bracket
each time which is harder for a short person like me to do in comparison
to swinging out and fastening.  I think that it was Garrett that said that
it is permanently mounted and swings out now on the Spring Tie.

I am happy with the Sky Hook.  Beau likes it.  I like it.  No problem.

I had a little "arm wrestling" to do with the customer service, though.
The bungee cord ties they sent were too short, and he insisted that they
stretch so that they could reach to eat off the ground. NOT.  Anyway, I
had called him to tell him that before DVE and he insisted they were okay,
and afterwards when I told him that it didn't work and I had to jury-rig
he wasn't willing to replace them gratis because they were used so we
split the cost difference.  I wasn't really happy with that, but I just
needed  to get the correct length and the cost wasn't too much so I
agreed.  So if you buy this system, make sure that the bungee cord is less
than a foot off the ground before you use it.

K.