NC 500 mi.

Angie McGhee Rides2far@juno.com
According to the online database if the 500 mile rider/horse combination
had
been in effect ( for a NC ride back in '98 )Valerie Kanavy and >>>>Jedi
would not

 In a recent issue of Endurance World it described the year for last
year's FEI World Champion, he was from Malaysia or something (sorry it's
not here with me).  He had horses in France and Australia, had other
people training them and riding them in prep rides and he mostly flew in
to ride the big ones, choosing between several horses that he had people
bringing along. There were also other articles where an Australian rider
would do well in a prep ride on a certain horse, then a month later the
absentee owner would ride that horse in a "big" race. I don't think that's
a direction we want to go with AERC National Championship...one rider
putting the miles on and another riding in the championship.

Angie