Re: Change in ride requirements

Nancy,  I couldn't agree with you more.  If it is an
elite ride for only those with XXXX thousand miles,
then so be it.  I have kept these messages from all
but one of the girls that hope to go to Nationals this
year (the one friend I have included wants to quite
AERC because of the poor treatment the more mile
riders are giving the newer riders...I truely hope
more of the new membership stick with it...remember
this is just a civil debate, when you go to a ride 99%
of the people will be kind and glad you are there).  I
have told the girls/women though that the horse/rider
miles might change to 500 miles.  Everyone is fine
with that.  We will probably ride two less races if
the goal of Nationals is gone, but hey, we will have a
great, fun ride year.  (I will not be riding because
after Oct. 12th I had so much fun I offered my horse
to a youth from my church equestrian team to campaign
her this year).  I hope to be there as crew and
support for my six friends that are hoping to go.  But
we will see.  Thanks for your message.  Tami