Re: [DR] Re: QUALIFICATION THOUGHTS

As I have said many times before, if you think the competition is not fierce
then you
really don't know what is going on.  It is as tough as it gets.  Ask
Heather.

Jerry, I don't think this whole debate is about anything like that.  The rides are challenging, the competition is fierce and all else that has been said.

The only thing is that a lot of people just don't feel that a title like national champion should be won by someone with little experience.  Most other sports have stricter qualifying than we do and maybe we are just used to it.  Look for example at figure skating in the Olympics.  You can't just go and enter and win because you are the best that day.  You have to qualify, earn a name for yourself and pay your dues.  I am not saying that is right, it is just the way some people feel about it.  Other people feel that if you have a good horse and go to the NC race and win, you are the national champion, whether or not you have even done a race before.  Others want to go back to the old system where whoever has the most points at the end of the year wins.  I don't think any way is necessarily right or wrong, it is just a matter of opinion.

maryben