Re: RC: Re: equine dentistry

Had this vet ever sedated your horse before? Do you know how this particular
horse reacts to sedation? Each horse reacts to sedation differently. Where "one
dose" might work for the average horse, it will not provide the same level for
all horses. I have one that nothing really happens until you give him triple the
dose. Another you only need 1/2 dose. The vet needs to know these things before
they start to work. It is also something we horse owners should keep track of to
provide the necessary information to the vet so they can make an informed
decision as to the dosage.

Unless the vet knew the levels required for this particular horse and
intentionally over dosed it, I think you are being a little hard on her.

Truman