Driving

Hi everyone!

Am going to start my horse doing some endurance driving events this season.
He is coming six and has been driven extensively and loves it. I have done
two 30 slow LD's on  him last year and he did great. But, have never put the
two together. I drove him last year and did 20 miles at a reserve near my
house. He
prefers to trot at about 9-10 mph, he seems happiest picking this speed.
I would like some advice/suggetions from anyone who has some experience
to make his first ride enjoyable.
Thanks!
Tracy/MN