Re: mystery weight loss older mare

I would definately have the horses teeth done ASAP. That may be the end of
some of the problems. You may need to switch to using a complete feed such
as equine senior and give her grass hay just to occupy her time if her teeth
are that bad. You can add about 1/8 of a cup of corn oil 1 time per day ,for
consentrated calories , but be careful about giving more than that as too
much can interfere with absorption of necessary nutrients. I have found that
my old horses do much better when the grass comes out as it is easier to
chew and digest.

Good luck !

Merrie Boone
Silver Dream Arabians