<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: RE: [RC] Leg confirmation - Answer to Quiz
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:42:17 GMT 2003
  • - Steven Proe
  • - Heidi Smith

    RE: [RC] Leg confirmation - Answer to Quiz - Stagg_Newman

    Bob's response to my post deserves posting on Ride Camp.

    I totally agree with Bob  This is a team sport!  Horse, rider(s), and many
    others key people.

    As an example some outstanding vets, farriers, other therapists, and other
    endurance riders have been essential to Drubin's long career.

    Stagg
    ----- Forwarded by Stagg Newman/DCO/NorthAmerica/MCKINSEY on 12/26/2002
    09:47 PM -----

                         "Bob Morris"
                         <bobmorris@r        To:     <Stagg_Newman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                         mci.net>            cc:
                         12/26/2002          Subject:     RE: [RC]   Leg confirmation - Answer to Quiz
                         09:43 PM

    Ah, but Stagg there is one other component that you have
    left out. I would venture, take any one of those horses and
    place them with a good rider, even an excellent rider, with
    out the desire to win and you will not have a winning horse.

    I have seen so many horses with the capability and desire,
    that had riders that did not care what they did or did not
    have the confidence to do, that were middle and back of the
    pack.

    It is not entirely the horse, it is not entirely the
    conformation, it is not entirely the rider. It is the team
    of horse, rider, support (vets and farriers)people that win.

    Bob

    Bob Morris
    Morris Endurance Enterprises
    Boise, ID