<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: Re: [RC] catching horses
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:42:00 GMT 2003
  • - Merryben
  • - Typef

    Re: [RC] catching horses - Charles

    I've got it set up so that Keepers comes if I whistle part of "nessun Dorma" from Turandot.  It was really convenient Sunday when the field was mostly mud.  Another guy who had gone out to see his horse complained he nearly lost his boot.  I just kept whistling like an idiot while my horse wandered over to me.

    I used to be able to get my dog to come if I whistled the Toreador song from Carmen.

    I'm thinking of a tune to use for Jon.  Problem is we haven't bonded enough for him to want to come to me.

    Charles
    ----- Original Message -----
    From: Debby Stai
    Sent: Monday, December 16, 2002 3:30 PM
    Subject: [RC] catching horses

    All of my guys come running to me, most times its a pain as I'm just wanting one and they all want the attention, or is it that "peppermint" I have in my pocket for the intended.  Sometimes I've come to get one that thinks about walking away and all he has to do is hear the rustle of the candy wrap and he soon changes his mind.  Lots of times I'll go out and just get them to come, give them a treat, and walk away, that way they don't always think its a trick to catch them so I can work them.  Good luck.  Debby