RC: Am I Nuts?

Thinking about buying another horse.  SIGH...This would be #3 (and I have a
foal coming next year)  He is 14 and has not done much in his life, one LD in
'96, but mostly not rode for years at a time.  He's 14 and is a 3/4 brother
to my mare.  He was the first horse I rode when I came back to horses who
wasn't a dead-broke anybody can ride horse.  And he's the main reason I
wanted my mare--same breeding.  The guy has to sell him, and may take him to
the sale if no one buys him in the next week or two.  He's hard to catch, and
would probably need to be reschooled from all the bad habits I'm sure he's
picked up.  You know, another PROJECT!

Anyway, even though he's a gelding, I'd still like to get his registration
current.  Does anyone know how hard/expensive it is to get papers caught up
when the current owner never changed the registration into his name?
(Arabian)  I think he has the papers, just never bothered to send them in
after he bought the horse 7 or 8 years ago.

jeri (who apparently doesn't have ENOUGH problems!)