<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: [RC] Beach horse camps
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:40:56 GMT 2003
  • - Randy H Eiland
  • - Barbara H-B

    [RC] Beach horse camps - Deblyons54

    From: susan graham
    ? To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    ? Sent: Monday, December 02, 2002 10:35 AM
    ? Subject: [RC] beaches

    ? I was wondering ,is there any place in the U.S. where I can ride my =
    horse along the beach and in the ocean? I know some places have laws =
    against this ,example:Hawaii. Sue

    Hi All,
    We took a great horse/beach vacation this last July to the Oregon coast. The only thing I would have done different is I would have taken much longer to drive the 500+ miles, and spent more time camping at each site. We were gone a week, and I would have taken at least 10 days. I took my 3 year old Morgan mare who had just been through her first water crossing and lake experience. Her eyes sure got big at the sight of the ocean! Oregon is very horse friendly. We were able to find 5 horse camping spots for overnight camping with not trouble at all. I am attaching some web sites for Oregon horse camping. Deb
    Oregon Dunes National Recreational Area on the Web
    Oregon State Parks and Recreation: Visiting State Parks - Find A Park