<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: Re: [RC] Hahira, Part Five
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:40:25 GMT 2003
  • - Typef
  • - Maggie Mieske

    Re: [RC] Hahira, Part Five - Howard Bramhall

    You know, I should let this one go, because you are the expert and everybody knows your name.  But, please, don't ever try to be a real reporter or volunteer to work for a suicide hotline. Your facts are fiction (sound familiar?), even though you say you never write like that, and if you answered a suicide hotline all those on the other end would do the deed they called you to talke them out of doing after listening to your idea of help, justice, and North Georgia logic, Angie style.

    Not that I want to relive the Dance Line experience with you of all people, since you were the one person who passed around the idea that I made the entire story up (yea, I got private email too during that time) and you told everyone it was another delusional example of Howard's fiction.  Then, when you discovered it really did happen, from a source you could not refute, you decided to put forth your best efforts and have the story eliminated from Endurance News.  It was the only non-fiction story I've ever written, a story that needed to be out there and you had it extinguished because you did not like me refering to you as a Witch.

    My ride time at that ride with Dance Line was 6:42.  The winning time from that ride was 4:37.  The only time I ran with the front runners was that first loop, which I believe was 17 miles.  Yes, it was a mistake.  This Saddlebred's heart rate is so high during a run, if I had known, I never would have traveled at that pace.  He will never do another endurance ride again.  It's why I'm so emphatic on buying and using a heart rate monitor when training a new horse.  Do you own one, btw?

    Here's my ride time at Hahira for this year: 4:29.  Here's yours from last year: 4:21.  Same course, same ride, different year, and I do remember last year being much warmer than this one, but, I'm quite sure you knew what you were doing traveling at that speed in that heat.  I'm sure you have an answer for this since you seem to know everything there is to know about endurance and are, therefore allowed to travel at hyper speed with the confidence that "it can't happen to me.  I'm too special.  Everybody knows my name."  Me, on the other hand, cannot ever attempt to do such a thing for whatever reasons you come up with, cause "this is Howard, he's an idiot, we can't actually let him compete in my sport. We must prevent this anyway we can."

    Come on, North Georgia, do you really think you have all the answers here?  Since you hate me and my stories as much as you do, I only ask why do you continue to read them?  You yourself have said that the "problem with Howard is he cannot tell the difference between fiction and the truth."  I still write that way, in spite of your attempts to help me write correctly, as you seem to be the only one who knows what is so wrong and what is so right.

    Look guys and gals, some of you are reading this story completely wrong.  I can't believe  you're taking it this seriously.  This is Howard's way of trying to teach what not to do at an endurance ride.  DUH, do I really have to come out and say this to you???  After all this time?  I do believe I've written this way for over 3 years now.

    I have the rule book, here, along side me, and I'm trying to violate each and every one of them as I write this FICTIONAL TALE.  Between Sylvia, Maryben, and the reincarnated Erma Bomback currently residing on a mountain top in North Georgia, I'm not sure which of you is the bigger fish.  But I got all of you and I'm frying ya'll for my Thanksgiving meal tonite.  CHOMP, CHOMP, said the Gator.

    Angie, just stay on your moral high ground and I'll stay down here on the low, with my buddy, Bill Clinton.  Hopefully, that way, the two of us will never run into each other, which is the way BOTH OF US want it.  And, please, quit reading my stories since you're probably in quite a bit of pain already from falling off your horse.  Oh, I forgot, you didn't fall off.  You stayed with him as he flipped over; maybe, you should learn to bail.

    cya,
    Howard (she must have skipped over that Note Agreement; gee, I wonder if she and Sylvia are sending private email to one another?)