<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: Re: [RC] English boots v. paddocks and half-chaps
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:40:27 GMT 2003
  • - Angie Orr
  • - Laurie Durgin

    Re: [RC] English boots v. paddocks and half-chaps - Laurie Durgin

    Araits adn mountain hrse have waterproof paddocks $$$$$$

    ----- Original Message -----
    From: Lysane Cree
    Sent: Sunday, November 24, 2002 6:13 PM
    To: milinda@xxxxxxxxxxx; ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Subject: Re: [RC] English boots v. paddocks and half-chaps

    All of the things that have been said about tall boots makes a lot of sense. I am sure that the right pair would be quite comfortable, but I was kind of worrying about heat buildup and it seems a number of people have mentioned this. The summers here can be pretty humid and on really hot days you just sweat and sweat...I guess it would be a lot quicker to remove a half chap, and still have your shoes/boots on your feet. I also didn't think about trot outs. Running around in tall fitted boots might not be so groovy at the end of a ride when I am tired. I have always ridden in running shoes or paddocks so maybe I should stick with that and just add a pair of half-chaps when my budget allows. If only the running shoes or paddocks could be waterproof though....anyone know if this exists?

    Lysane