<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: Re: [RC] [RC] Narrow-backed Mustang saddle problems
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:40:28 GMT 2003
  • - Tamara Taylor
  • - Vicki Austin

    Re: [RC] [RC] Narrow-backed Mustang saddle problems - Typef

    Thanks for that input! Sharon and Abe Kirkpatrick met me for a ride today
    and brought every saddle they had (such nice people!) and none of them fit!
    They were as surprised as I since they have a ton of saddles. Sharon also
    suggested the Stonewall so I'll have to look into that. I put my new Skito
    pad on under my existing saddle as well as an additional wool pad underneath
    that at Abe's suggestions and we had an absolutely smashing 13-ride today.
    Abe seemed to think my saddle fit my horse fine and that maybe my issue is a
    heat issue, not a fitting issue. Since he and Sharon are in the Top 10 in
    the Western region in their weight divisions, I've decided they should know
    a thing or two about saddle fit, so I will keep riding in my current saddle
    but still look for a new one. The American-Flex people are sending me a
    saddle to ride for 10 days to see if that does that trick. That's a very
    nice plus ... a saddle company that will actually let you RIDE the saddle
    you think you want to buy!