<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: RE: [RC] [RC] Owyhee - small report
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:38:50 GMT 2003
  • - Leonard . Liesens
  • - DreamWeaver

    RE: [RC] [RC] Owyhee - small report - Leonard . Liesens

    Others differences, just for being more exhaustif :

    - trailers : enooooormous trailers in the US :-) You guys transport cheap
    horses in expensive trailers; we put expensive horses in 2 cheap trailers
    :-)

    - cigarette : you don't smoke (I mean after the ride not on horseback) - not
    good customers for Philipp-Morris - many French riders do

    - vets : vets in the US tries (well this is what I noticed) to help you
    bring your horse to completion. Agreed? In Europe, they watch you.

    - crew : you don't have any crew - horse (shit I forget the word you use for
    that) ... keeper??? Volunteers at the vet stops. No bottles, no cars
    following the horses

    - arrival at the vet gates : most European now arrive at the canter at the
    vet gate (I mean the front runners) - recovery speed has become a very
    important factor - some horses (I have one of them) are able to arrive at
    the canter at the vet gate and let you just throw the saddle on the ground
    before heading to the vet in (they come to 64BPM in 2min)

    My replies here under

    Cheers

    Leonard