<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: Re: [RC] Ready for 55? (long)
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:38:17 GMT 2003
  • - Michael Maul

    Re: [RC] Ready for 55? (long) - Laurie Durgin

    See I learn something new everyday.:0) In about 2-3 years I may actually  have Rascal able to do it, or Honey ready ; then I have two, then Scout may be old enough to start. By that time we should have some to  go to in the SE! Ta da ----Magic training and horse mutiplying formula, then the rides multiply, then the . . .
       (assuming  the family live thru the Talldeaga this weekend, camping in the 30's in a tent, and Charity and I survive the ride on two freshly clipped horses in this cold front, with wind that has moved in.)  Laurie and Rascal the bald.

    ----- Original Message -----
    From: Howard Bramhall
    Sent: Wednesday, October 30, 2002 8:22 PM
    To: Laurie Durgin; ridecamp
    Subject: Re: [RC] Ready for 55? (long)

    That's funny asking me, like I'd know.  lol.  Laurie, this will be my first multi-day ride, ever.  I am so looking forward to it.  Even if I only do one ride I know I'll be there all three days.  If I'm not riding I'll volunteer for something, or, if they don't need me, I'll just bug Duanne during his non busy vet periods so we can discuss the Vol-Gator game this year.  He'll probably try and run me down with a cattle prod if I hit a nerve.

    As Truman said, this will be the only 3 day multi-day ride in the Southeast, and we need ya'll to support it big time for it to repeat itself and start a trend going.  As far as actually doing those multi day rides on the same horse, I guess I'll defer to those westerners, cause I have no clue.  If I ride two of the three days I plan doing it on two different horses.  All I know is I'll be there all three days.  I hope to see lots of out of staters there too.  These trails are fantastic and it should be a great ride!  Those deep sand rumors were started by some Georgia folk who don't want to acknowledge there actually is a state more south than theirs is.

    cya,
    Howard (I wasn't planning on promoting this one till after Christmas, but, what the heck.  You gotta love the Gator even if you're from Tennessee!)