<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: RE: [RC] Wood Chewing
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:37:06 GMT 2003
  • - Deanna German
  • - Kristi Schaaf

    RE: [RC] Wood Chewing - Snodgrass, Bonnie

    Really suggest you try the Bitter End that I mentioned before. I went thru everything, Carbolium, soap, gutter guard over the wood. Every surface that I sprayed with Bitter End has been left untouched for a good half year now.

    Bonnie Snodgrass
    -----Original Message-----
    From: EMTKane@xxxxxxx [mailto:EMTKane@xxxxxxx]
    Sent: Thursday, October 17, 2002 12:31 PM
    To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Subject: RE: [RC] Wood Chewing

    Hello Jerri, We experienced the same problem and tried all that coating stuff plus cayenne pepper mixture as well, Nothing seemed to work.  Seems to make it worse when all the horses thought they were missing something so they started chewing too.
    We went to Home depot and got the Aluminum siding edging. They cost about 3 bucks each <get the thicker of the 2 offered> and then nail them on to all exposed edges... IT WORKS... we have untouched surfaces again ...
    Hope this helps
    Best Regards,
    Liz Kane
    South Jersey