<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: Re: [RC] Thoughts
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:36:46 GMT 2003
  • - Merryben
  • - Joe Long

    Re: [RC] Thoughts - Barbara McCrary

    FYI, the horse of Smokey's that died was Shablaze.  Bandit lived on to a ripe old age.
    As for weight divisions, my main objection to them has to do with the way awards are distributed nowadays.  Once, many years ago, there was only ONE national champion, and we could all remember who it was (some of us can still remember them).  Now we have national champions in five different divisions and I can't remember who they were from one year to the next.  I can't even remember who they are from one day to the next.  To me, there seems so little meaning in the awards anymore.  Maybe it's just me, or maybe it is because the awards are so diluted through so many divisions.

    Barbara McCrary
    ----- Original Message -----
    From: goearth
    Sent: Saturday, October 12, 2002 2:15 PM
    Subject: [RC] Thoughts

    After reading about Cortez Smokey Killen having a horse dying up under him at Castle Rock it makes more sense now why he said.."I couldn't do to Bandit what it took to win."  People saw him as a rebel or an outlaw,but i saw him as someone who truly Loved his horse.  What i would really like to know is why you 2 Ladies,  Julie and Barbara don't approve of weight divisions?  I see the NC's as somewhat watered down in all these winners.  The only winner i saw (not meaning to demean anyone) was Jan Worthington.  She did it 2 days.  To me,  the AERC NC's has a lot to be desired of producing a TRUE NC unless the intent is to make as many winners as possible(10).  Tell me Ladies, perhaps you could sway my opinion, and others as well looking for answers.  tom sites