<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: RE: [RC] new bylaws and citizenship
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:36:48 GMT 2003
  • - Teri Hunter
  • - Roy Drinnan

    RE: [RC] new bylaws and citizenship - Bob Morris

    This is a very important point. If the By-Laws are approved the following outlines the procedures necessary for any, ANY, change to them.

    PLEASE READ AND HEED

      Note the very important statement in 13.01 that declares, "a sufficient number of returned ballots having been received to meet the quorum requirement of 20% of the Voting Members". This is means that in order to change the Bylaws in the future - at least 20% of the voting membership needs to return their ballot - and of those 2/3 must approve the change.  In the previous bylaws - only 2/3 of the returned ballots had to express approval of the change. This means that after these Bylaws are passed - of the present voting membership - at least 760 members of the roughly 3800 voting members would have to return their ballots - and of those - 504 would have to approve.

      13.01. Amendments to these Bylaws shall be placed before the membership of the Conference for a vote upon approval by two-thirds of the Board or upon petition for such amendment by at least 5% of the Voting Membership as of the date the petition is received by the National Office. A petition for amendment must be submitted to the National Office and the signatures verified and the petition certified by the Election Committee. Ballots shall be sent according to Section 6.12 with the return date being at least 30 but not more than 60 days from the date ballots are sent. The amendment shall take effect only if approved by two-thirds of those Members who return valid ballots, a sufficient number of returned ballots having been received to meet the quorum requirement of 20% of the Voting Members.

      Bob

    Bob Morris
    Morris Endurance Enterprises
    Boise, ID