Re: Multiday/Rules

Hmmmmmmm.......... why so?  Multiday rides are sanctioned as one day rides! You can do them one at a time. Do you think they should be exempt from the rules of AERC? Do you think lame horses should be allowed to go on just because it is a "multiday?" The DVE was sanctioned as four one day rides. This is ture for most "multday rides."  The are sanctioned as one day rides. Why is a one day ride with another on the following day any different than any other one day ride and why should it have different rules and standards. The Pioneer status is secondary.

And to answer your question, yes.

Kathy Mayeda wrote:

While I could argue that a multi-day shouldn’t be held to the same standards as one day rides, because it IS a totally different animal…..  I believe this practice of giving off-course people completions only as discretionary by the ride manager has nothing to do with it being a multi-day ride in this case.

Sometimes there is miscalculation somehow on trail markings by the ride management’s part and several people miss the proper turn off, and therefore the ride management may give completions only rather than standing around and pointing fingers at each other.  It happened to me on a one-day fifty.   I believe this was a similar situation here – or something like the vet wasn’t present at the vet check, or the vet check was marked wrong…. don’t know the whole story, and frankly don’t care. IT REALLY DOESN’T MATTER.

Have you done a multi-day Truman?

K.

Truman sez:
The thing that may be a bit troubling ( and hope my interpretation of some pervious post are not correct in this matter ) in this whole thread is that "it should not be held accountable to the same standard because it is a multiday ride." Every sanctioned AERC ride should play by the same set or rules. Truman