Abuse

carla lawson robandcarla@hotmail.com
I keep waiting for someone to show up at my door step to say I have abused
my horses.. I am not sure why, We don't have shelter readily available,
The pasture is a mess. I keep a close eye on the weather channel and I do
blanket them when it gets below 22. I have shelter to move them into. I
have walked in the freezing rain and snow before to move them at 2A.M.
Fortunately I am up at that time to check on them since that is regular
feeding time. They get about 1/2 bale of Grass hay mixed with a few flakes
of alfalfa when it is cold to increase body heat. I feed them a mix of
sweet feed and dry beet pulp which gets to actually quick drenched in
water. I wait for someone to call. I am not sure if it is because of the
shelter or the pasture...But funny thing..I get so many comments how fat
they look and how can they stay that fat when I feed so little. One of my
employees feed bills is financed. He has draft horses, I have preached
beet pulp to no avail.
As for the thing about having to get a second opinion at the owners
expense. I think that is a bunch of bunk. If you have documented evidence
from your local vet that should suffice. However maybe you could say this.
If the Vet shows that the treatment that is currently in place is what he
would prescribe or if the illness is in fact what was documented that the
Animal Control pays the expense. If the illness is different or the
treatment is ineffective that you would be more than happy to pay the
second vet bill if they can get both vets to sign off on it! Just a
thought....
Carla (off to Ebay)
Ansata (some one call the animal control..I am missing an ounce!)
Haley (Animal Control...I get ridden..is that abuse?)
Rob (take my animals....and the vet bills and the feed bills!!!)