break through!!!!!!!

carla lawson robandcarla@hotmail.com
I think I am on top of the world today. I have had so much time to think
about Tuesday afternoon. Rob and I went to ride with some friends of ours
who have a Simeon Shai stallion we plan on breeding to. So they wanted to
check out the potential mom to be and enjoy a nice ride around the farm
and talk about horses! I have to get you all cracked up here. It is kinda
wierd to ride with National Quality show horses whom are used to going
kinda
S  l  o  w. Mean while Ansata who never tries to pick up her pace was
actually walking like she was in a foot race! So here I am on her poor
back holding her back. She was very displeased with me. Jerking her poor
mouth telling her to slow it down. She never spooked at all. At this point
I am having to apologize to our hosts. They seem quite puzzled why she
wants to walk fast. I explain that she was used to me encouraging her to
walk faster. Now I am asking her to slow it down, and she is ripping my
arms out of sockets! So to help her I circle when we get to far ahead.
Nancy asks me more about endurance. I am proud to inform her...as much as
I know and promise to send her links to visit. I proudly tell her about
endurance net. AERC and all the neat places you can visit here on EN.
Steph I gave you a proud plug here! I told her about some of the
Advertisers here, the classifieds, stories and just tons of stuff to keep
a person busy for a few days. I also got to explain to her about riding a
little. I told her you have to go to one to get the entire jist. I told
her that its best to crew a few before you ride. Then I told her this one
rule. Finish is to win....it doesn't mean that if you come in first or if
you come in last. It means you come in and your horse and you are in shape
to go a few more miles. It means we don't care if you have a donkey,
zebra, arabian, quarter horse..(I am working on endurance cows ) The
animal must be able to go on. Who cares if you are about ready to puke all
over the vets shoes..whould be a very bad idea tho'. I believe I have her
interested. Scary part she has a ton of horses out there to ride....I am
not sure which one she will pick. She has one 2 year old gelding that I
wanted to put the entire company in hock...$10,000 price tag...my husband
about fell over in his chair but I was drooling. They accept payments
baby!!!!!! needless to say I didn't come home with a gelding. He has the
materials too!  15'2 hands as a two year old!!!!! can you say defied
genes!!!manners of a complete gentleman. But proud me got my shameless
plug in there to perhaps take him after he is done with a show career and
perhaps ride him in some rides by the time he is ready for this I will
hope to have some good rides under my belt!
So all in all I had an unbelieveable day. My mare worked hard for me. Had
her Endurance ride hooves on that day. She was ready to compete..only to
be slowed down...but she was a godess that day. Haley led trail (she never
leads trail) not any spooking, and we got to talk about horses, endurance
riding, and endless posibilities of babies! it was a wonderful
Tuesday...and the wonderful Lord in heaven gave me a couple of rain free
hours to enjoy it all.
Carla (I just hope my horse head will understand riding with show slow
horses)
Ansata (okay faster walk...slow walk...will she make up her mind?)
Haley (I wanted to get back and visit my Boyfriend!)
Rob (My TRUCK IS DIRTY!!!!!GASP!!!!!)