Re: Portable Corral-info request

Hi Tracy,
We use a portable electric corral for Malik and Max.  We make a big one with
a divider in the middle.  We use step in posts and white tape (usually 2
strands) but bought a bigger battery operated (like a car battery) fencer.
I didn't trust the smaller ones that run on D batteries.  We have never had
any problems.  Malik, who won't tolerate a companion at home in his pasture,
will stand with Max, head to head and they groom each other and play little
nipping games and lay down next to each other, happy as little clams.  We
are more concerned with OTHER horses getting loose and going through the
fence than with Max or Malik.  One time, Malik rolled and accidentally
pulled part of the fence down when his foot caught it.  He immediately went
into the corner to wait for us to fix it for him.  However, he DOES know if
it is on or not and if it isn't and there is nice green grass on the other
side, he WILL reach over though he has never tried to go over it.  FWIW,
these are our experiences.  It's also something quick and easy to put
together and take down.  Just don't forget a couple of fence handles and a
metal post (not a T post but something you can put in and pull out easily)
for grounding the fencer.  I really LIKE this system.  Doesn't take up a lot
of room either.
Maggie