<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: Re: [RC] Al l this bigotry sh@#!
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:35:26 GMT 2003
  • - Lysane Cree
  • - Rides 2 Far

    Re: [RC] Al l this bigotry sh@#! - mike hill

    For fear of adding fuel to the flames, I have to make a comment. First off, if I were Sheikh Mohammed and I read some of the posts on ride-camp, I dont think it would give me a great view of the American population either! There are a whole lot of whining people out there who are just sore losers! Come on now! Where is the spirit of sportsmanship? I was under the impression that endurance riders had a really firm understanding of good sportsmanship. Remember: to complete is to win? Jeez! What happened to that? Just step back and listen to all of us! Its a shame!
    Secondly, lets not forget the spirit of the Olympic games. (someone brought THAT up). Athletes are NOT supposed to be politically biased AT ALL! It seems that sadly some people have forgotten how to compete on a healthy level with others, how to win graciously and more importantly, how to loose graciously! Also, the only way you loose, is if you leave an experience without learning anything! Hmmm! I wonder what we could learn here?
    And how the heck did this discussion turn into a political soap box! Hello every-one. This is a SPORT! Lets never forget that!
    Yvette ( who REALLY wanted to compete in the Olympics as a gymnast, but couldn't due to POLITICS!)