<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: Re: [RC] Sport saddles
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:35:27 GMT 2003
  • - Maureen A. Fager
  • - Karen J. Zelinsky

    Re: [RC] Sport saddles - Sullivan

    Where the cantle makes a corner (lowest part), measure straight across (horizontal), to where you hit the pommel.  (this would be the narrowest part where your thigh lays).  8" correspondes to 14", 9" is a 15" seat, etc.  You can also go to www.sportsaddle.com.   Geri Rini has more exact explanations of seat fit and stirrup placement.
    Karen
    ----- Original Message -----
    Sent: Monday, September 16, 2002 1:08 PM
    Subject: Re: [RC] Sport saddles

    I just bought my first sport saddle, used from Becky Siler.  (I like it Becky!)  But when I first took it out of the box  it looked huge, and I thought it was only supposed to be a 14.5".  How do you measure Sport Saddles, anyway???   And someone please let me know exactly where you measure the saddle.

    Linda