<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: [RC] FWD: U.S. Dressage Team Takes Silver at WEG
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:34:47 GMT 2003
  • - Maggie & David
  • - Karen Parker

    [RC] FWD: U.S. Dressage Team Takes Silver at WEG - Stephanie Teeter

    From: Equestrianinfo <equestrianinfo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
    Date:  Thu, 12 Sep 2002 19:00:57 -0400

    The United States Dressage Team won the Silver Medal in Team Dressage
    Competition at the 2002 World Equestrian Games in Jerez de la Frontera,
    Spain, on Thursday, ending with a combined score of 5527.  Germany won the
    Gold Medal with a score of 5642 and Spain took the Bronze Medal with a score
    of 5403.

    The U.S. Team consisted of Sue Blinks riding Flim Flam (Hanoverian: Wilhelm
    Tell x Cilia), owned by Fritz Kundrun and Dressage Sponsor Corporation,
    Debbie McDonald riding Brentina (Hanoverian: Brentano II x Lieselotte),
    owned by Perry and Peggy Thomas, Guenter Seidel riding Nikolaus 7
    (Westphalian: Weinberg x Elise), owned by Dick and Jane Brown, and Lisa
    Wilcox riding Relevant (Oldenburg: Rubinstein I x Havanna), owned by Gundula
    Vorwerk and Dr. Claus Crone-Munzebrock.  All four riders finished in the top
    25 and will move on to Friday's Grand Prix Special, the next round of the
    individual competition.

    Alan F. Balch, president of USA Equestrian, the National Federation for the
    United States, commented, "I know I speak for all our 80,000 members, and
    for lovers of equestrian sport throughout the country, in congratulating
    those wonderful riders and horses who represented the whole country so well
    in Spain.  We are all particularly appreciative of the horse owners also,
    for their commitment.  Everyone in the sport's framework contributes to
    making this kind of success possible, from the grass roots to all those
    volunteers and donors who contributed time or money to the effort, to the
    United States Olympic Committee for financial support, to the breeders,
    coaches, riding clubs, affiliates, organizations, and competitions which
    encourage Dressage, and to the team coach, Klaus Balkenhol, and the United
    States Equestrian Team staff and administration as well."

    For complete results of all the events taking place at the World Equestrian
    Games, visit USA Equestrian's web site at http://www.equestrian.org.

    If you do not want to receive email of this kind from USA Equestrian, please
    click reply to this message and type "REMOVE" in the subject line of the
    reply.

    If you require further assistance in opting out of emails, please contact
    Information Technology at mailto:webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    Email and Attachments automatically scanned for viruses by Trend Micro's
    Scanmail for Exchange.