<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: Re: [RC] nonriding husbands in camp! - long
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:34:49 GMT 2003
  • - Jon . Linderman
  • - Lori Bertolucci

    Re: [RC] nonriding husbands in camp! - long - Rebecca Rohwer

    Kathy,
         Sounds perfect.  I wish my guy, who is not horsey but loves animals, would come along with me.  I could see him doing exactly what your husband does.  I could also see him end up baby sitting all the dogs left in camp and wandering around talking with everyone.  Don't know about the biscuits and gravy, but he can definately fix up a great bowl of Grape Nuts.
         I will keep inviting him to come along.  Maybe someday.....

    Becky R.

    ----- Original Message -----
    From: GarnerT
    Sent: Saturday, September 07, 2002 7:22 PM
    To: Ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Subject: [RC] nonriding husbands in camp! - long

    My husband likes horses & likes to do a lazy trail ride, but has NO interest
    in endurance.  He used to do a lot of bicycle racing & he knows how much
    time I put in!

    His job is to make sure the truck, trailer, & camper are in order prior to a
    ride.  The truck is full of gas, everything HE needs is loaded, I take care
    of MY stuff.

    Once we get there, he levels the camper, turns on the gas/hot water & we
    both putter.

    The morning of the ride he helps me get ready, holds my horse who has
    suddenly turned into an untrained maniac while I try to get on, and waves
    goodbye.

    While I'm riding he:  goes back to sleep for a while, reads his new Sports
    Illustrated, cooks sausage, biscuits, & gravy for himself; then he goes out
    and makes friends with everybody left in camp.  If no one is there, he gets
    to know all the dogs left behind.  He watches all the front runners come in,
    offers his help to anyone that needs it, and by the time I come in, he is
    there to welcome me and help me get ready to go out again.

    He keeps himself really busy while I'm gone, learns all the interesting
    stuff that went on in camp, and usually leaves with more acquaintances than
    I will ever know!  He's helped numerous horses that were tangled up in
    ropes, corrals, or were just loose.  He may even have helped your horse!  I
    couldn't do it without him.

    Kathy Garner