<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: RE: [RC] Rust
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:34:50 GMT 2003
  • - Howard Bramhall
  • - Alison Farrin

    RE: [RC] Rust - Alison Farrin

    There's also a paint you can buy that converts the rust and keeps it from breaking down your steel further.  As long as you just have surface rust, this product can be painted directly on the rusted trailer.  As for it at an automotive paint store.

    Alison A. Farrin
    Innovative Pension
    Innovative Retirement Services
    858-748-6500 x 107
    alison@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    -----Original Message-----
    From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Laurie Durgin
    Sent: Sunday, September 08, 2002 11:33 AM
    To: Betty Demar Mueller; ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Subject: Re: [RC] Rust

    Naval jelly should remove it and steel wool (home depot, walmart, car stores). You'll need to protect it somehow, A rustoleum spray paint with rust inhibitors should work. They even have a clear coat. Got to get all rust or it will come back under any coating..  or primer for cars.. . .Laurie and Rascal, (who has sanded down many vehicle rust spots)