<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: Re: [RC] There is a goldfish in my water!
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:34:20 GMT 2003
  • - Paddi
  • - Laurie Durgin

    Re: [RC] There is a goldfish in my water! - Laurie Durgin

    Maybe the shock of temp. change when you release them ;float then in the bag you get then in adding a bit of water, let then float to adjust temp. slowly , like an hour, add more water, (adjust the ph) slowly, then release over an hour or so. If your ph is too far off it can send them into shock, same with temp.Or if they have fungus (white spots on them or raggeddy fins) can do them in. Also the shipping shock, weakens their immune system. Try another store. Some stores have sickly fish that never seem to do well. Otherwise, goldfish, ie. carp. do well, they are very hardy as a species.  Laure and  Rascal

    ----- Original Message -----
    From: EgyptianMirage@xxxxxx
    Sent: Thursday, September 05, 2002 9:52 PM
    To: ladurgin@xxxxxxx
    Cc: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Subject: Re: [RC] There is a goldfish in my water!

    We keep trying the fish thing and they keep dying!  Makes you wonder what's
    in the water?  Is there a specific type of fish that survive better in water
    buckets?  Sounds like a silly question, doesn't it?  But I am actually
    starting to wonder why my fellow horse companions "fishies" are doing just
    fine and mine are floating belly up every other day!

    It's the simple things in life that really stump ya!   Any advice?