<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: Re: [RC] stirrup leathers for aussie saddles/english
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:34:21 GMT 2003
  • - Merryben
  • - Marinera

    Re: [RC] stirrup leathers for aussie saddles/english - Paddi

    The bars on Easyride stirrups are easily changed to any size. You can get new bars from Canadian Trail House in Canada 1-866-987-4816 (we warehouse in Canada for Easy care) or Easy Care in the US 1-800-447-8836 .
    Paddi Sprecher

    www.CanadianTack.com
    Horse and rider gear including
    Biothane, Skito, Easycare
    ----- Original Message -----
    Sent: Wednesday, September 04, 2002 10:53 PM
    Subject: [RC] stirrup leathers for aussie saddles/english

    I have a new Ausssie/english hybrid endurance saddle> It is girthed like a dressage saddle. And has a stirrup bar like an english saddle. It has cheap leathers(idiot me I didn't think to upgrade)that are aussie style(like it takes forever to change the length). I'd like a biothane or wintec type narrower leathers (particularily with the rubbing problem I have. But I  use easy ride stirrups. I tried my wintec webbers, but the bar is too wide on the stirrup and they flop and go off balance.I used my english peacocks, but I do have a metatarsial problem with my feet, so long hours probably wont' work with them. I'd like to hang the easy ride stirrups from a thinner, stronger leather, also easier to adjust than what I have. Plus what to do with the extra leather length?I did use velcro  and rubber bands when I used the wintec  leathers. . .    Any ideas for leathers? and how to adjust the easy rides to a thinner leather so they are centered?    Thanks, Laurie and Rascal(who thinks all up hills should be galloped and all downhills should be trotted.)