<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: Re: [RC] There is a goldfish in my water!
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:33:45 GMT 2003
  • - Renee Gonzalez
  • - Sweetie10989

    Re: [RC] There is a goldfish in my water! - amber applegate

    I did that a few years ago, and then someone asked me about the "poop" from the gold fish, I never thought about that and dumped them all into my pond. What do you do for that? And why hasn't anyone come up with something that you can put into the water to stop algae that is not harmful to the animals?

    Also, with the snails, do horses not get flukes?  I was under the impression that they did. certainly cattle and llamas get liver flukes and die from them. That is why I buy Ivermectin Plus for the flukes, but that is only for my llamas, I don't give the plus to horses, why is that?

    You are a rocket scientist, any answers??
    amber
    ----- Original Message -----
    To: oddfarm
    Sent: Friday, August 30, 2002 6:33 PM
    Subject: Re: [RC] There is a goldfish in my water!

    We have gold fish in all our water troughs. We have three 65 gallon and a 150 gallon spread around the place. All are automatic so we keep the same water level. They all have gold fish. We put the "feeder fish" in - 1/2 inch gold fish the sell to feed big fish. These suckers are 4 inches now! They never get fed. They have lived through two winters. We had two placostomus died the first winter. The person at the fish store said we would have to bering them in the winter - even FL winters.

    So we replaced them with albino cat fish this summer. They are about 11/2 inches when we put them in. I swear we are going to have a cat fish fry soon. They are almost 6 inches long. Very little algae and no bugs.

    Truman

    oddfarm wrote:

    I would like to get a goldfish and a placostomus, (sp? a catfish with a sucker mouth, bottom feeder). They do a great job if you keep water in the tank. You know, being fish and all.

    I think first, I will get an automatic waterier put on the tank.

    Lisa Salas, the Odd fArm
    Something is always "fishy" here!