<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: Re: [RC] Bumbed
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:33:46 GMT 2003
  • - Snodgrass, Bonnie
  • - mike hill

    Re: [RC] Bumbed - Typef

    Glad to see I'm not the only one. I've had the same reliable shoer for 10 years now but he's just a "basic" guy. Mention any kind of name-brand shoes or hot shoeing, or natural balance and he puts up the old crossed fingers at you. Since I was having interference problems since the last set of shoes he put on I started asking around and go the same name from my trainer as my new endurance friends. Unfortunately, they told me he would be not take any new clients but his son would.

    I left a message. Next week, I left another. Finally his son called. Only I found out later it wasn't the son I was supposed to get. I made an appt. for last Fri. 9:00 a.m. And waited. He never showed. I tried the only number I had for him, his cel. It was turned off. I tried all weekend. I called my trainer and told him the situation. He said "You got the wrong son. That one doesn't shoe my horses because he's a flake." He told me to call the dad back, explain my situation and try again. So far, he hasn't returned my call either.

    I waited only two days before I had to make a decision or get so off schedule I wouldn't be in the right spot for the next two rides. I called the equine hospital I'd just taken my husband's horse to for a torn suspensory ligament and discovered they have farriers there 5 days a week. I lucked out and got two appts. the next day. Needless to say, I've booked the next two shoeings in advance. It means I have to drive over an hour away instead of getting them shod in my own backyard and losing a half a day of work, not to mention that the price was double my regular guy. However, my husband's horse now has a nice set of hand-made eggbars on the rear and my endurance horse has handmade natural balance shoes and man, did she move out last night!
    ----- Original Message -----
    Sent: Thursday, August 29, 2002 10:44 PM
    Subject: [RC] Bumbed

    I am soo bummed!!  I was supposed to do my first ride since Tevis this weekend and I have to stay home.  My farrier never showed or called yesterday, and I can't get her to return my call.  This happened a little over a year ago and a good friend came down to put new shoes on for me.  I have no time for that this time.  Got a hold of another farrier but he can't get me in until next week.  She called me a few weeks ago and was so exited about Tevis and the upcoming rides.  I just hope everything is OK.  Everyone at Wild West have a great ride and I'll be riding with you in spirit. See you at VC 100.  Dannan and Blue