<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: Re: [RC] Sheath Cleaning
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:33:47 GMT 2003
  • - FASTGraphic
  • - Bobbie Brown

    Re: [RC] Sheath Cleaning - Typef

    Wow. It's really hard for me to admit that I have just come to realize that
    I don't know as much about horses as I thought I did. My 35-year-old gelding
    just died in February and not once has this conversation ever come up in my
    lifetime or has anyone including my vet, ever mentioned to me that there was
    such a thing as sheath cleaning. I've lived a sheltered life away from other
    horse owners for the past 30 years just being a by-myself-backyard rider and
    was a teenager before that. I never noticed anything dirty or out of the
    ordinary with my gelding but I sure am wishing that my vet could have
    brought the subject up. My horses have always gotten regular check ups and
    vaccinations and teeth floated, etc. and you'd think that would be something
    on the list of things he'd suggest, right?? I always relied on him just like
    we do when we go to the doctor. I guess I don't have to worry about since I
    don't have a gelding anymore but you guys sure got me wondering. Boy, have I
    learned a lot, getting back into endurance riding and being on this list!