<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: Re: [RC] Naked
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:33:51 GMT 2003
  • - Kristi Schaaf
  • - ALISON MUELLER

    Re: [RC] Naked - Howard Bramhall

    Over 400 posts to read, since I've been back from my GERA ride, and this is the first one I look at.  Amber, I must say, you've got my attention!  Keep in mind, it was my generation who made "streaking" so popular, a fad that has since come and gone.  Going to the beach or a park or a football game is no longer as interesting as it once was.  Bring it back, Amber, bring it back. I'm not sure about George, but I know Bubba would have appreciated your efforts to get his attention on your front lawn.

    I think endurance camp sites would be the best place to start.  But, alas, we do have juniors there, and I guess that's not the best thing in the world for them to see.  Maybe, if we had a rule all juniors in bed by 9PM.  NO Streaking allowed till then.  The kids don't really need to see what their future bodies are going to look like; things are scary enough as it is.

    I'll try and post something about the GERA ride.  My wife did get her first 50 mile completion there.  And, yes, I did cry when she got her completion award.  You have no idea what I've put this woman thru to help her do such a thing.  Or, I should say she did it in spite of me.  Incredible story but I'll let her tell it if she's up to doing so.

    I will say we did play quite a bit of the "lame game" at the vet checks during this ride.  I did make the mistake of asking this one female vet, who seemed to be performing a pre-purchase exam on my horse at the final completion check, how many endurance rides she's worked before.  I didn't mean for it to come out as it did, but, after 50 miles of riding on rock and dealing with the heat, humidity, and everything else, I guess I wasn't in the best of moods and just wanted to get back and let my horse eat and rest.  Anyway, I'll tell ya'll about that one later.  Howard does need to keep his mouth shut at the vet checks.  Maybe, I'll go the FEI route where the vets and riders don't talk to one another.  Or, I'll just ask for Otis.  Man, I do love that vet.

    cya,
    Howard