<% appTitle="Ridecamp Archives" %> Ridecamp: [RC] FW: Here's what Patagonia sent me today
Ridecamp@Endurance.Net

Current to Wed Jul 23 17:33:07 GMT 2003
  • - Tara Wheeler
  • - SunsetOvrC

    [RC] FW: Here's what Patagonia sent me today - Maryanne Stroud Gabbani

    Dear Kori,
    Last year you got quite a lot of emails from people all over the US...and
    from me in Egypt...BEGGING you to bring back your riding tights. You have a
    market out here who thought and still think that you made some of the best
    tights ever. Come on, guys, give us a break. Do you realise that I haven't
    bought any riding tights for over a year because I thought I'd be able to
    get Patagonia's in the fall? Get someone out there on the equine lists and
    see how many of us would order from you. Riders don't shop much as a
    rule....not enough time for shopping, living and riding, so your order on
    the web format is perfect for us. There are plenty of $90-$100 riding pants
    out there that neither fit as comfortably nor hold up to abuse like yours
    do. I still have a couple of pairs that are 10 years old and other than the
    odd stitch up do a good job of covering my nether regions.

    Send your marketing director on a long trail ride or an endurance ride so we
    can get our favourite tights back.

    Very disappointed,

    Maryanne Stroud Gabbani
    Cairo, Egypt
    maryanne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    www.ratbusters.net

    Maryanne in Egypt!  Remember the battle to bring back Patagonia riding
    tights? It looks like it isn't going to happen in spite of the good mail in
    campaign that alot of us Ridecampers tried to initiate.  I seem to remember
    that you're related to someone in the company.  Is there anything more you
    can do?

    Sylvia (sorry, would've sent this direct to Maryanne, but I didn't save her
    address)